Chief Architect of Notre Dame Says It Was Arson That Burned down the Eight-century-old Cathedral
From: The TRADITIO Fathers
Although the French Government Seems Desperate
To Write off the Notre Dame Conflagration on April 15, 2019
On a Fabled “Short Circuit”
The Chief Architect of the Cathedral Tells a Different Story
“There Is No Possibility of a Short Circuit,” He Says
In the 1990s All the Electrical Wiring of the Cathedral
Had Been Updated to Contemporary Standards
And New Fire-detection and Protection Systems Had Been Installed
Over 100 French Churches Have Been Attacked in the Last Year
By Terrorists and Vandals
The former Chief Architect of Notre Dame Cathedral, also a General Inspector of French Historical Monuments, has thrown cold water on the notion being floated by government officials that the conflagration on April 15, 2019, was caused by an “electrical short.” Benjamin Mouton is a recognized expert on the cathedral, having overseen the restoration work in 2013.
Mouton says that in the 1990s all the electrical wiring of the cathedral had been updated to contemporary norms. “There is no possibility of a short circuit.” In addition, at that time the best fire-detection and protection systems were installed, supplemented by two fire watchmen on duty around the clock. [Some information for this Commentary was contributed by the New York Times.]
True Catholics, it seems that the French government wants to sweep under the table any talk of arson from anti-Christian terrorists. In the last year, there has been a rampage on more than 100 Christian churches in France, with severe vandalism and property destruction. Some fabled “short circuit” would be a convenient way to excuse what may have been the greatest destruction of a Catholic cathedral in history by anti-Christian forces…
Posted on 06/05/2019, in Uncategorized and tagged DAILY COMMENTARIES FROM THE FATHERS (traditio.com). Bookmark the permalink. Komentiraj.